Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Heroes in a half shell...

While perusing my daily websites, I discovered this article on Variety.com:

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118006263.html?categoryid=1238&cs=1

The Turtles are back!

Well, sort of....

They have the potential to be back and that makes me a little over-excited. (I already mentioned I'm a really big dork, right?!)

In case you need more proof: Senior year of college my roommate and I rented every Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie and rewatched them, because we are just that cool. And we were avoiding studying for finals. They may be a little cheesy and totally unrealistic, but they are part of my childhood and I LOVE them :o) I remember going to Burger King and ordering the kids meal just to get a VHS tape of TMNT cartoons...which is probably still at my parents house somewhere. If you grew up in the 80s, you knew who the Ninja Turtles were. If you didn't, you probably lived in a hole somewhere.

Even two of my favorite shows made reference to them at some point:

Gilmore Girls - "Here Comes The Son"- S3 E21
Jimmy: I can't take you in. I can't raise you
Jess: Raise me? I'm 18, I'm raised! I can vote, I can be drafted, it's a little late to throw me a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles party!

Veronica Mars - "Nobody Puts Baby in a Corner" - S2 E7
Gia: You brought your sleeping bag, that's so cute!
Veronica: Well, I like to have the option. Don't judge me for my Ninja Turtles!


Kind of abstract, but it's the little things in life :o)

xoxo
c

No comments:

Post a Comment