Thursday, August 27, 2009

Vaughn: You think you can be in love with two people at the same time?

Weiss: No, I don't. However, I did have the same intense feelings for both Sporty and Posh Spice.
Vaughn: Yeah, who didn't?
---------------------------


I do not know how I feel about this third season of Alias.

The show started with her thinking she was working for the CIA and when she found out that she was actually working for terrorists, she went to the CIA to become a double agent and bring down the fake organization. Okay, not something I do on a regular basis (as far as you know ;o) but, something we assume happens within our government. As I've never had to pretend to be a guest at a party in Paris so that I can break into the hosts safe using my fake lipstick tube, I do not know how realistic the technology is, but I can deal with the idea that it is a little over the top.

When I watch Buffy, I understand that it is science fiction. When a demon puts a spell on everyone that makes them break into song, I am not surprised because I know it is a show based on a fantasy world.

However, when I am watching a show that is supposed to be about a girl working for the CIA to bring down terrorists, I am not expecting an artist/alchemist/mystic, named Milo Rambaldi, whose prophesies have become the ideology for a cult of followers. Or that they found his live DNA sample which these followers planned to fuse to Sydney's eggs to engineer Rambaldi's second coming. I mean, come on! I overlooked the new technology that altered people's genetic codes to make them look like other people, but this is just getting ridiculous!

I do not really understand why people were so obsessed with this show. The acting is good but I just think that it is getting a little too unrealistic for me.

The most annoying part is that now I am addicted and as much as the plot drives me crazy, I NEED to know what happens!

So I will continue on to Season 4. Since I can usually get through an entire season in about a week, I will forge on and get through these last two seasons quickly :o)

However, my next dvd to arrive is Coraline, so Alias Season 4 will have to wait for now.

I wanted to see Coraline when it was in theaters but, for whatever reason, did not. I am hoping that it is as good as I think it will be and will let you know after I have watched it.

Until then...
xoxo
c


No comments:

Post a Comment