Friday, October 14, 2011

"Gettin' knocked up and kidnapped kinda wipes the slate clean."

Sadly, my beloved Philadelphia Phillies have made an early exit from the post season. The only good thing about this is that I do not have to worry about catching up on all my TV shows because I am not watching any more playoff games, watching any baseball is just too heartbreaking :o(

But I digress...

Last week, I checked out American Horror Story on FX and I am not really sure what to say about this new show. Parts of it were interesting and parts of it were just weird. I cannot tell where the plot is going or how they are going to make an entire season out of it. I have not yet watched this week's episode, but I will give it another chance before I stop watching, if only because I really like Connie Britton and Dylan McDermott. As we all know, horror is not my thing, but if the story and acting are good, I might be able to enjoy this regardless.

Against my better judgement, and mostly only because I could fit it onto my DVR, I also tried to watch Last Man Standing, starring Tim Allen. I could not even get through the first episode. I made it to the first commercial break and then I had to turn it off.

As expected, I am loving the new seasons of Parenthood, The Vampire Diaries and Sons of Anarchy. In fact, Tuesday night's episode of Sons of Anarchy totally blew my mind. I am ridiculously excited to see what Kurt Sutter does with the rest of this season.

And I think I can now officially say that Prime Suspect is my favorite new show of the season. Maria Bello is fantastic as New York City Detective Jane Timoney. I especially love the scenes when she is antagonizing the ex-wife of her boyfriend, played by Kenny Johnson. I also enjoy the other detectives in her office played by Kirk Acevedo and Tim Griffin because they make me laugh a lot. I can also now say that New Girl, starring Zooey Deschanel, is my favorite new comedy and I am a little sad that it will not return until November because of the MLB playoffs.

Hart of Dixie and Ringer are growing on me, although neither one is super fantastic, and I have also enjoyed Revenge thus far. I am still on the fence about Suburgatory. The second episode was better than the first, but I am not completely sold. I am sad that Free Agents was cancelled, because I really enjoyed it, but I am not surprised about The Playboy Club. I have stopped watching A Gifted Man because, while the premise was interesting and I like Patrick Wilson, the episodes were boring.

This Sunday is the season premiere of The Walking Dead, which I am excited about. I also plan to check out Grimm and Once Upon A Time when they premiere later this month.

What new shows are you enjoying this fall? Is there anything I should be watching that I am not? Please let me know!

xoxo
c
------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment