Wednesday, August 28, 2013

"Nothing makes a smart man stupid like a quest for vengeance."

I cannot believe that it is almost September. I feel like this year is flying by and I am a little sad that summer is already over. The only good thing about the start of Fall is that it also means my TV shows are back! Here is my list of returning and new shows that I will be watching...

Returning Shows:
Arrow
Castle
Elementary 
Grey's Anatomy
Hart of Dixie
Homeland*
How I Met Your Mother
Nashville
New Girl
NCIS
Once Upon A Time
Parenthood
Raising Hope
Scandal
Sons of Anarchy
The Carrie Diaries
The Good Wife
The Vampire Diaries
The Voice
The Walking Dead
White Collar

New Shows:
Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
Almost Human
The Black List
The Crazy Ones
Dracula
Enlisted
Hostages
Masters of Sex*
The Michael J. Fox Show
Mom
Once Upon A Time In Wonderland
The Originals
Reign
Sleepy Hollow
The Tomorrow People
Trophy Wife

I seem to add a ton of new shows to my schedule every year, but always manage to make it all work. Shows that I have dropped since last Fall include Blue Bloods, Don't Trust the B in Apartment 23, Happy Endings, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Revenge and Suburgatory. Several of those were canceled and the others just lost my interest, but I have plenty more to check out!

I know I sound like a broken record, but I am seriously excited about the new seasons of Sons of Anarchy, Parenthood and The Vampire Diaries. I keep thinking that these shows cannot get any better, and yet they continue to surprise me every year. I only mention them again because I feel like the majority of people (or my friends anyway) are still not watching them. They are each very different, but all well-written and well-acted and highly entertaining. Fortunately, Parenthood and SOA do not air at the same time anymore, but now Parenthood airs opposite Scandal and Elementary, so Thursdays may get a little interesting.

I am also looking forward to the second seasons of Elementary and The Carrie Diaries. I was not sure how I would feel about these shows when they started, but I actually really enjoyed their first seasons a lot. The Carrie Diaries was fun and fresh and I cannot wait to see what happens this season, especially with the arrival of the Samantha Jones character. I pretty much love anything 80s, so this show just really makes me happy. With Elementary, I was not sure how it would compare to other Sherlock Holmes projects, but I really enjoy the dynamic between Jonny Lee Miller and Lucy Liu. I also like that the show pays homage to the original Arthur Conan Doyle stories, but is not trying to recreate them in any way.

The new shows that I am most looking forward to are Agents of SHIELD, The Crazy Ones and Enlisted. Agents of SHIELD is a Joss Whedon show, The Crazy Ones stars James Wolk and Sarah Michelle Gellar, and Enlisted was created by Kevin Biegel so they are all pretty much no-brainers for me. Unfortunately, I did not get a chance to see the Enlisted pilot at this year's ATX Television Festival, but if the hilarious Q&A is any indication then this one will be a lot of fun.  I have heard great things about all three shows, so my expectations are pretty high here. 

Whether or not I will actually be able to watch Homeland and Masters of Sex will be determined by whether or not Time Warner and CBS can get their shit together and work out a deal. I currently do not have my Showtime channels, so I am hoping they will be back by the end of the month. It is not looking good, but I will keep my fingers crossed.

Which shows are you most excited about this Fall? Are there any you think I need to check out?

As usual, I will try my best to update Twitter and Facebook with premiere dates, but you can see the full list here: TV Premiere Dates.

xoxo
c
------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment