Sunday, July 24, 2011

"Sometimes, you have to roll a hard six."

The main problem with it being so hot outside the past few weeks is that all I want to do is lay on a raft in my aunt and uncle's pool and read. This is a problem because then I do not get anything else accomplished...like writing this blog :o)

I have, however, managed to keep up with all my summer TV shows.

My returning shows that I have continued to love include White Collar, The Glades and In Plain Sight. They just seem to keep getting better and better. My favorite episode of White Collar so far this season has been "Veiled Threat," where the boys go undercover at a Manhattan Millionaires Bachelor auction, and I look forward to an Eliza Dushku guest appearance later this season. I have also quite enjoyed the continuing development in the relationship between Jim and Callie on The Glades and the pregnancy of U.S.  Marshall Mary Shannon on In Plain Sight. Highly entertaining all around.

The two new shows that I have enjoyed this summer are Necessary Roughness and Suits. I would not say that I love either of them just yet, but they are entertaining enough for me to stick with them through the end of their seasons. To be completely honest, I mostly watch Necessary Roughness because of Marc Blucas, but the storylines are good too :o)

My sort of, middle of the road shows, that I watch, but do not necessarily love are Rizzoli & Isles, Franklin & Bash, Rookie Blue and Love Bites. The second season of Rizzoli & Isles just started two weeks ago, so I am mostly just waiting to see how the season continues to progress. It has stayed on par with the first season so far, but I am hoping the storylines get a little more involved going forward. On Franklin & Bash, I enjoy the interactions between the main characters, especially between Mark-Paul Gosselaar and Breckin Meyer. The plots, on the other hand are not that great. The cases tend to not be that interesting, but I will continue to watch it for now. Rookie Blue is another show where I like the character development and the relationships between the characters, but the actual police work is not very intriguing and often times, pretty anti-climactic. Love Bites had its moments, but overall was not a very good show. I loved the scenes with Becky Newton and Greg Grunberg, who were in almost every episode and it was interesting to see what other actors would pop-up every week, but I tended to fast forward through many of the vignettes every week. I did like the format of the show, I just think it needed better writing. It has already been canceled, so there is no hope for an improved second season.

I tried to give Covert Affairs another chance for season two, but I just cannot continue watching it. I realize that being a USA Network show, their budget is probably not as big as it would be if it were on NBC, ABC, CBS or FOX, but sometimes the backgrounds are just so fake looking and it really irks me, probably more than it should. On top of which, Piper Perabo is not that great of an actress. I love Christopher Gorham, he just needs to be on a better show for me to watch him. I also tried to get into Alphas and Wilfred, but neither of them really interested me very much.

And just in case I did not already have enough shows to watch this summer, I also recently became the proud owner of the entire series of Battlestar Gallactica on blu ray. It is the first time I have watched the show since it originally aired and it is just as frakking awesome as it was the first time around. Also, the CW has been replaying the entire second season of The Vampire Diaries and FX is replaying the first three seasons of Sons of Anarchy.

Summer television tends to not be as great as regular season televsion. However, there happens to also not be a lot of new episodes, so if you just watch all of them, you are sure to find a few gems. What are you watching this summer? Am I missing out on anything good? Let me know in the comments section, send me a message on Facebook or Twitter, or shoot me an email at ayetortuga@gmail.com. I would love to hear from you!

I hope that everyone is staying cool in this heat! Maybe watching this will help:



:o)

xoxo
c

No comments:

Post a Comment