Friday, July 15, 2011

"You have fought valiantly. Now, join me and confront your fate."

Apologies for my lateness with this post, I have been battling a sinus infection all week and have mostly been lying in bed watching Battlestar Gallactica on blu ray. While I am still not feeling that great, I would not leave you without your Weekend Movie Preview :o)

The two big movies coming out this weekend are Winnie the Pooh and, of course, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2.

Narrated by John Cleese, this new Winnie the Pooh film brings us back to the Hundred Acre Wood with all our favorite characters. After misinterpreting a note from Christopher Robin, Pooh and his friends set out to save him from what they believe to be a monster. It looks fantastic and definitely brings me back to my childhood. I definitely look forward to seeing this soon.



After 10 years and seven previous films, we have finally reached the end of the Harry Potter series. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 is probably the most anticipated movie of the summer. The previous film ended with Harry, Ron and Hermione escaping from the Malfoy's mansion with Ollivander and a Gringott's goblin but having lost their friend and house elf, Dobby. In this final film they must find and destroy the last of the horcruxes in order to defeat Lord Voldemort. It all comes down to one final batte at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. After all, neither can live while the other survives.



This is already getting great reviews and I have plans to see it on Sunday with my mother and again on Monday with friends, so I will have my review up for you Monday evening. I am ridiculously excited to see this movie, but also a little sad that it is the end. If you have seen it already, let me know what you thought!

Also in theaters this weekend is Snow Flower and the Secret Fan, Tabloid, Lucky, Life, Above All, and Salvation Boulevard.

xoxo
c
-------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment