Sunday, November 3, 2013

"Living is not for the weak."

I missed last week because I was in Philly for a few days and forgot to post my picks, but here are the episodes of television that I am most looking forward to for the week of November 3rd. As always, I warn you of potential spoilers ahead if you are not caught up.

Sunday: Masters of Sex - I am loving this new show on Showtime. Michael Sheen and Lizzy Caplan play Dr. William Masters and Virginia Johnson who pioneered the science of human sexuality. Bill's wife has just had a miscarriage and he blames himself because he was anxious about being a father. Virginia is still trying to figure out how to work and support her children  and their colleague Ethan is dating the provost's daughter. The acting and writing are fantastic and I look forward to each and every episode. 

Watch Live: Once Upon A Time, Homeland
DVR: The Walking Dead, The Good Wife, Witches of East End

Monday: The Voice - It is finally time for the live rounds! I do not have any favorites yet but, in general, I tend to root for Team Christina. The performances so far this season have been great and I really enjoy the chemistry between the original coaches. Shakira and Usher were fine, but I prefer Christina and Cee Lo and I hope someone from one of their teams wins this round and takes the crown from Blake :)

Watch Live:Castle
DVR: How I Met Your Mother, Hart of Dixie, Sleepy Hollow

Tuesday: New Girl - Three words: COACH IS BACK....also, Taye Diggs is guest starring. This is pretty much a no-brainer.

Watch Live: Agents of SHIELD, Trophy Wife, Sons of Anarchy
DVR: The Originals, The Goldbergs, The Voice

Wednesday: Arrow - Last season was a little under-whelming for me. I enjoyed the show, but it definitely did not blow me away. The episodes so far this season have been increasingly better and I now actually get excited for this show each week. Oliver is struggling with trying to keep his family's company afloat while also protecting the people of Starling City. As the vigilante, he has enlisted the help of his sister's boyfriend Roy Harper to dig up dirt for him, while keeping his identity secret. He has also discovered that Laurel's sister Sara is still alive and it looks like this week we will find out how that is possible and how she is connected to the League of Assassins and Ra's al Ghul.

Watch Live: The Tomorrow People

Thursday: The Vampire Diaries - The end of last season was getting a little too complicated for me and I had started to lose interest just a bit. However, I am really enjoying the new characters this season and the interactions between the original cast. I still am not really a fan of Silas and that whole storyline, but the discovery of Katherine's daughter and Dr. Maxfield's experiments intrigue me so I am starting to get excited about this show again.

Watch Live: White Collar, Parenthood
DVR: Once Upon a Time in Wonderland, The Voice, The Crazy Ones, Grey's Anatomy, Elementary, Scandal

Friday: The Carrie Diaries - I love Samantha Jones. I love the way Walt is discovering himself. I love Carrie's clothes and am still obsessed with her purple toile wallpaper. I just love this show and wish more people were watching it!!

DVR: Dracula

In general, I am just really excited about television right now. Some of my old shows are better than ever and there are a few really fantastic new shows that you all should be watching.

xoxo
c
--------------------------------
 

No comments:

Post a Comment