Sunday, October 20, 2013

Simon: I knew there was a reason why the inspiration wasn't coming to us. Your spirit is blocked and you blocked us all. Burn it!

Sydney: Wait, Dad, I don't think that's a really good idea
Simon: No, no, we have to burn it, honey. Listen to me. The creative gods are angry. They need blood. They want sweater blood. In the name of Mister Rogers, I command you!
Andrew: I don't know if this is a good idea
Simon: Oh, come on now, Andrew. You've become a slave to wool. You're trying to pull the wool over our eyes and these fibers are as unnatural as this ruse of a relationship. Burn the demon fiber and set yourself free. Set us all free!
----------------------------------

These are the episodes of television that I most excited about for the week of October 20. As with last week, I warn you of possible spoilers ahead.

Sunday: Witches of East End - I really was not planning on watching this show. I like the actresses in it, but it honestly looked a little silly. However, after the premiere lots of people were talking about it, so I thought I would check it out and I actually really enjoyed it. It is not perfect, by any means, but it is a lot of fun. It is about two sisters living in Long Island, both of whom do not know they are witches just like their mother and aunt. When someone starts trying to kill off each of the women, their mother must admit to them what they really are so they can defend themselves. It stars Julia Ormond, Jenna Dewan-Tatum, Rachel Boston and Mädchen Amick. As we all know, I am not a fan of scary things, but I do like witches, so this is right up my alley.

Watch Live: Once Upon A Time and The Good Wife
DVR: The Walking Dead, Homeland and Masters of Sex

Monday: How I Met Your Mother - Since this is the final season of the series, I was hoping we would see a little more of The Mother, but otherwise I have really enjoyed the episodes so far. I do not really know why but I find the "Thank you, Linus" running gag to be hilarious. I also love that we have seen more of different guest stars from past seasons like Ranjit, Barney's brother James, Patrice and Tim Gunn. I am sad that this show is coming to an end, but look forward to whatever they have in store for us as we make our way to that end. I am also a little overly excited about The Last Slap. When will it happen?!?!

Watch Live: Castle
DVR: Hart of Dixie, The Voice

Tuesday: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. - While I still feel that this show needs to find its footing a little bit, I have really enjoyed the first few episodes. Right now, each episode seems to stand on its on with very little continuing storyline, but I am hoping that once we get into it a little, there will be more connecting each episode besides just the main characters. I know that they will not tell us for a while what exactly happened to Coulson, but I am enjoying the little clues here and there that they keep dropping. I am also interested to see what is going on between Agent Ward and Skye. Is there anything going on? And will we ever actually see any of the Avengers? We have already seen brief cameos from Maria Hill and Nick Fury and, I am not really expecting Dr. Banner anytime soon but, it would be pretty cool none-the-less.

Watch Live: New Girl, Trophy Wife, Sons of Anarchy
DVR: The Originals, The Goldbergs, The Voice

Wednesday: Nashville - I was a little worried about this show at the end of last season. It seemed to be going in a direction that I was not enjoying and the season finale included a car accident that put my two favorites characters' lives in danger. I always hate when a TV show tries to make you think the lead character is going to die when they obviously will not because then the show would be over. No one is killing off Connie Britton...at least not at the end of the first season. However, I am happy to see that things seem to be getting back on track. I really like the story line with Rayna's voice troubles and I think it will be interesting to explore what could happen to her career if she can never sing again. I also like that Liam is back and hope he sticks around a little longer this time.

Watch Live: Arrow, The Tomorrow People

Thursday: The Crazy Ones - I am loving this new CBS comedy. Robin Williams and Sarah Michelle Gellar play father and daughter and together they run an advertising agency in Chicago. The rest of the main cast includes James Wolk, Hamish Linklater and Amanda Setton who are all equally entertaining. The ensemble has great chemistry and Williams does not steal the spotlight like I thought he might. The show just got a full season pick-up which means more episodes and more hilariousness, which the world could use more of.

Watch Live: The Vampire Diaries, Elementary
DVR: Once Upon a Time in Wonderland, Scandal, Parenthood

Friday: The Carrie Diaries - I really loved the first season of this CW show and do not understand why more people are not watching it. The show follows high school aged Carrie Bradshaw living in the suburbs before becoming the Sex and the City Carrie Bradshaw that we all know and love. It takes place in the '80s, so there is awesome fashion, and the stories are sweet and just really a lot of fun. Last season ended with Carrie's boyfriend cheating on her with her best friend, so she spent the summer in New York City with her gay friend Walt. This season starts with Carrie meeting new friend Samantha Jones and I cannot wait to see what these two get up to!

Watch Live: Dracula (series premiere)

Saturday: Spartacus - Starz is replaying the entire Spartacus series starting with season one, Blood and Sand. This show is based on the real story of Spartacus and how he became a gladiator. It is graphic, both with blood and sex, but it is mostly driven by the stories of its characters which are very compelling. If you did not see this series when it originally aired, then I highly recommend you check it out because it is FANTASTIC.

Watch Live: Orphan Black


What will you be watching this week?

xoxo
c

ps. I have really only gotten feedback from one person about the past couple posts, so I hope people are actually reading and enjoying them. The person I speak of happens to be my best friend and she is probably a little biased, so hearing from non-best-friends would probably be helpful :o)
-----------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment