Sunday, September 25, 2011

"Who doesn't like hot girls who carry guns?"

This week my DVR was extremely busy and I watched A LOT of television. So much that is all kind of mush in my brain right now.

My returning shows that started this week were How I Met Your Mother, Castle, Hawaii Five-O, Glee, NCIS, NCIS: Los Angeles, Community, Grey's Anatomy and Blue Bloods.

Glee seems to be reverting back to season one quality, which is a good thing. If it continues on this path I will continue watching it, if it goes back to where it was last season, I may have to stop watching it because last season got a little crazy. Hawaii Five-O is the same quality as last season, which is not necessarily a good thing. I do not love this show, but it is entertaining enough to keep watching for now. However, it might get dropped this season if my schedule gets too crowded. The same thing goes for Grey's Anatomy. I just do not love this show as much as I did the first couple seasons. I mostly continue to watch it out of obligation to the friends with whom I watch it. On the other hand, Castle and Blue Bloods continue to be great, and Community and How I Met Your Mother are both still hilarious.

My only real complaint is with NCIS. This is one of my favorite TV shows and I watch the reruns on USA every time they are on. My complaint is that over the past couple seasons the major plots for each season have gotten too convoluted. The acting has been as great as it has always been, I just feel like they are trying to do too much with the storylines and it is just gets confusing. This also applies to NCIS: Los Angeles.

In terms of new programming, I would say that 2 Broke Girls, New Girl, Revenge and Prime Suspect are definite additions to my TV line-up. 2 Broke Girls and New Girl were both really funny and I enjoyed them a lot. Revenge and Prime Suspect were also really well done and I am interested to see where they go from here. My only concern with Revenge is, where does it go after one season? After you get revenge on everyone, what happens next? I guess I will just have to wait and see.

On the other hand, I need to see at least one more episode of The Playboy Club, Charlie's Angels and A Gifted Man before I make a decision. I think that A Gifted Man will be good, but the first episode was mostly setting up the premise of the show, so I need to see where they are going with it before I make up my mind about it. The Playboy Club and Charlie's Angels were not great, but they could be entertaining enough to make me keep watching. I am not completely ruling them out yet, but it is not looking good for either show.

This week brings a few more new shows including Terra Nova, Hart of Dixie and Pan Am.

Are there any new shows that I am not watching that you think I should be watching? Let me know!

xoxo
c
------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment