Saturday, September 17, 2011

"I know there's alcohol at high school parties. I've seen Friday Night Lights."

This week, I have watched the season premieres of Parenthood, The Vampire Diaries and It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia and the series premieres of Ringer, Up All Night, Free Agents and The Secret Circle.

I get made fun of a lot for liking The Vampire Diaries, but it is mostly from people who do not watch the show. I know I have said this a lot, but it is so good and just when you think that it cannot possibly get any better, it does! The season three finale was fantastic. A few questions from last season's finale were answered, a few were made more confusing (in a good way) and some new questions were posed. I do not like to spoil things for people who do not watch the show yet, but what is going with Mrs. Lockwood?! I am intrigued and excited. This is one of the few shows that I need to watch the night it airs because I just cannot wait until the next day. I am serious, you really should be watching this if you are not already.

Parenthood is another awesome show that just keeps getting better. The relationship between each of the family members is always changing and always full of fantastic drama. Lauren Graham and Mae Whitman especially give great performances each and every week. It may sound a little crazy, but The Bravermans make me want to have a big family of my own. One can only hope that they will be as entertaining. :o)

After last season of It's Always Sunny, I was a little scared that the gang had lost their touch a little bit. However, they returned in excellent fashion in season seven with a fat Mac, a denim-clad Charlie vomiting fake blood and a prostitute-endeared Frank. The first episode was great and I hope this season continues to be that awesome.

New shows The Secret Circle, Ringer and Free Agents had good premiere episodes but none of them really blew me away. They all have good actors and interesting premises, so I am hoping for the best. The Secret Circle comes from the creators of The Vampire Diaries and Free Agents is from one of the creators of Party Down and he was also a writer for Veronica Mars, so I am expecting good things from these shows. Ringer brings Sarah Michelle Gellar back to my television, so that makes me happy in general, but I also think it has potential to be a great series. I guess we just have to wait and see what happens.

I was not a fan of Up All Night. I DVR'd it because there was nothing else on, but it was not my kind of humor. I like Christina Applegate, Will Arnett and Maya Rudolph, I just did not like the plot. Maybe it is because I do not yet have kids, but I just did not think it was all that funny.

So that is my run-down for the past week. This upcoming week brings A LOT more premieres. I will try to keep up with them all and let you know what I think, but I would also really love to hear what shows you all are watching! As always, you can send me messages on Facebook and Twitter, or send me an email at ayetortuga@gmail.com.

I hope you are all having a great weekend!

xoxo
c
----------------------------
 

1 comment:

  1. i couldn't agree more with your assessment of parenthood and its always sunny! do you think julia and joel will be interested in adopting someone in their late twenties?

    ReplyDelete