Monday, August 8, 2011

"Remember middle school, when me and you worshipped the devil for, like, two weeks?"

Since The Help is coming out early this week, I am doing my Weekend Preview today instead of Thursday. In addition to The Help, the other big movies out this weekend are 30 Minutes or Less, Final Destination 5 and Glee: The 3-D Concert Movie.

30 Minutes or Less stars Jesse Eisenberg, Danny McBride, Aziz Ansari, Nick Swardson, Dilshad Varsaria, Michael Pena and Fred Ward. In this movie, Eisenberg plays a pizza delivery boy that gets kidnapped by two wanna-be criminals who strap a bomb to his chest and give him eight hours to rob a bank. He enlists the help of his best friend and must also deal with the police, assassins that the criminals have hired to kill their father, and their own relationship issues. It looks pretty funny but I will probably wait for the reviews before I make up my mind about seeing this.



I remember seeing the first Final Destination movie and thinking it was alright, but figured that they could not possibly make a sequel. Boy, was I wrong. Twelve years late and we are on Final Destination 5, in which a boy on a bus about to cross a bridge has a premonition about the bridge collapsing. He ends up saving himself and a few other people as well. However, they soon learn that since they cheated Death they either must still die or kill someone else to save themselves. I have only seen the first movie, but I cannot imagine what is so continually interesting about these sequels. If you enjoy these kinds of things, then go for it. I, however, will be skipping this one.



The Help is based on the book by Kathryn Stockett of the same name. Emma Stone plays, Eugenia "Skeeter" Phelan, an aspiring writer who returns to her home in Jackson, Mississippi after graduating from college in 1962. After contacting a book editor in New York, she decides to try and write a book about what it is like to be an African-American maid. With the secret help of her friend's maids, Aibileen Clark and Minny Jackson, they form an unlikely friendship and give a voice to a previously ignored group. The book was fantastic and I am extremely excited about the movie. Like I said at the beginning of this post, The Help opens on Wednesday, instead of Friday like everything else.



Glee: The 3-D Concert Movie is pretty self explanatory. It is a documentary about the 2011 Glee Summer Concert Tour. However, I have heard that the dvd of this will be released in a few weeks with more special features, so unless you REALLY want to see it in 3-D, I would skip seeing this in the theater.



Others films in limited release include: Senna, The Last Circus and Littlerock.

xoxo
c
------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment