Wednesday, August 24, 2011

"Never forget where you came from."

Bright and early tomorrow morning, I am leaving for a week to go on a mission trip to Belize with my church. I am, therefore, posting my Weekend Movie Preview a day early and will be out of touch until next Thursday. I may be updating our church blog from there, however I will not know for sure what kind of internet access I will have until I get down there. If you are interest, I have included the links to the blog and the organization with which we will be working at the bottom of the page.

The three big movies coming to theaters this weekend are: Our Idiot Brother, Don't Be Afraid of the Dark and Colombiana

Colombiana is about a girl named Cataleya Restrepo who is raised by her uncle to be an assassin. When she grows up, she seeks revenge on the Colombian drug lord who killed her parents. It stars Zoe Saldana, Michael Vartan, Cliff Curtis and Jordi Molla. The trailer looks pretty bad ass, but I have not yet seen many reviews. My guess would be that the fight scenes are pretty cool but the storyline is weak, as with similar movies. I could be wrong, but even if I were going to be around this weekend, I would still probably wait to see it.




In the movie Don't Be Afraid of the Dark, a young girl is sent to live with her father and his new girlfriend. The girl soon starts to discover creatures in the house who are trying to claim her as one of their own. It stars Katie Holmes, Guy Pearce and Bailee Madison. As well all know, I do not like scary movies, so I will be skipping this one.





Our Idiot Brother stars Paul Rudd as a well-meaning, idealist, pot dealer who has just been released early from jail on good behavior. He gets home to discover that his girlfriend has left him and taken the dog with her. With no job and nowhere to live, he takes turns sleeping on the couches and disrupting the lives of each of his three sisters, played by Zooey Deschanel, Elizabeth Banks and Emily Mortimer. It has a great cast, but has not been getting great reviews.





None of these movies really appeal to me all that much. However, if you end up seeing any of them and think I should check them out, please let me know!

Other films out this weekend include Circumstance, Higher Ground and Tales from the Golden Age.

xoxo
c

Ardmore Presbyterian Church Mission Blog: http://ardmorepresmission.blogspot.com/
The Word at Work: http://twaw.org/
-----------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment