Saturday, May 14, 2011

"If I ever had a wedding, I’d, I’d want everybody to be stress-free, you know?.....

I’d like it to be like a carnival. Like, people win prizes for guessing the bride's weight, some dunk tanks..."
--------------------------------------------------- 

The two big movies opening tomorrow are Bridesmaids and Priest.

As a single woman who has been in six weddings, been a guest at at least a dozen more and has watched most of her close friends get married, I am very much looking forward to seeing Bridesmaids. It stars Kristen Wiig, Maya Rudolph, Rose Byrne and Melissa McCarthy and it looks hilarious. Rudolph's character gets engaged and she chooses her best friend (Wiig) to be her maid of honor. This means she is in charge of planning all the standard pre-wedding activities with the help of the rest of the quirky wedding party. Wiig was on The Late Show Tuesday night and David Letterman called the film a "cavalcade of fun."
The other big movie coming out this weekend is Priest, starring Paul Bettany, Cam Gigandet and Maggie Q. Based on a series of Korean comics, Bettany plays a priest who breaks the vows of his order when he sets out to try and track down the pack of vampires who kidnapped his neice. He is one of the warriors of the last vampire war and uses the skills of his niece's boyfriend and another warrior priestess to help him in his quest.
While I normally would be excited about a vampire movie, I am not sure that this one is up my alley. The action sequences look pretty cool, but I am just not sure I will be seeing this one in theaters. If you decide to check it out, please let me know what you think and if I should change my mind. 

Other movies opening this weekend include Hesher and Everything Must Go. 

xoxo
c
-------------------------------------------------- 

No comments:

Post a Comment