Friday, May 27, 2011

Tracy: What is wrong with you three?

Phil: So much, Trace, I don't even know where to begin
---------------------------------------
I apologize for the delayed weekend movie preview. I was in New York City last night for Glen Hansard's performance at The Metropolitan Museum of Art, which I will tell you about next week.

This weekend we have two sequels in theaters: The Hangover Part 2 and Kung Fu Panda 2. 

Phil, Stu, Alan and Doug head to Thailand for Stu's wedding in The Hangover Part 2. Stu's plan for a subdued pre-wedding brunch does not exactly go as planned. This time, instead of losing the groom-to-be, they wake up missing Stu's future brother-in-law. This has not been getting as good of reviews as the first film, but it still looks pretty crazy and funny. Plus, we all know how much I love Bradley Cooper, so I will clearly be seeing this in theaters.

 

Kung Fu Panda 2, on the other hand, has been getting good reviews. In this sequel, Po and the Furious Five venture to China to battle a villain, uncover the secrets of Po's origins and save kung fu. Jack Black, Angelina Jolie, Dustin Hoffman, Lucy Liu, Seth Rogen, David Cross and James Hong have all returned to voice their characters from the first film.


I usually do not see animated films in the theater and will probably not make an exception for this one. I enjoyed the first Kung Fu Panda, but not enough to want to spend that much money to see the sequel.

Brad Pitt's The Tree of Life also opened this weekend, but only in limited release and not in Philly. It has been getting good reviews, but it needs to do well in theaters before they give it a wide release. I will let you know if that happens.

I hope everyone enjoys their Memorial Day Weekend! Let me know what movies you see!
xoxo
c
---------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment