Tuesday, May 17, 2011

"He is really hard to kill"

Since last April, I have added another 10 pages to my quote list word document. I have also started an additional document for Sons of Anarchy quotes and added to my list for The Vampire Diaries. So, I have decided to share with you a few more of my favorites.

The most recent addition was from last night's Castle season finale:
Captain Montgomery: There are no victories. There's only the battle. And the best that you can hope for is that you find some place where you can make your stand. If this is your spot, I will stand with you.




MOVIES

300
Captain: I have lived my entire life without regret until now. It’s not that my son gave up his life for his country.  It’s just that I never told him that I loved him the most, that he stood by me with honor, that he was all that was best in me.


Easy A:
Olive: Whatever happened to chivalry? Does it only exist in 80's movies? I want John Cusack holding a boom box outside my window. I wanna ride off on a lawnmower with Patrick Dempsey. I want Jake from Sixteen Candles waiting outside the church for me. I want Judd Nelson thrusting his fist into the air because he knows he got me. Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie, preferably one with a really awesome musical number for no apparent reason. But no, no, John Hughes did not direct my life.

Murder by Numbers
Cassie: You get one life. And whatever you do with it, and whatever's done to you, you gotta face that. You can't pretend it didn't happen

The Mighty Ducks 
Goldberg: Be careful man, it almost hit me that time!
Charlie: Goldberg, you’re the goalie, it’s supposed to hit you
Goldberg: Does that sound stupid to anyone else?

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
Ron: The Sorting Hat urges us all to be brave and strong in these troubled times.  Easy for it to say, i’n’ it?  It’s a hat.

Stardust
Yvaine: You know when I said I knew little about love? That wasn't true. I know a lot about love. I've seen it, centuries and centuries of it, and it was the only thing that made watching your world bearable. All those wars. Pain, lies, hate... It made me want to turn away and never look down again. But when I see the way that mankind loves... You could search to the furthest reaches of the universe and never find anything more beautiful. So yes, I know that love is unconditional. But I also know that it can be unpredictable, unexpected, uncontrollable, unbearable and strangely easy to mistake for loathing, and... What I'm trying to say, Tristan is... I think I love you. Is this love, Tristan? I never imagined I'd know it for myself. My heart... It feels like my chest can barely contain it. Like it's trying to escape because it doesn't belong to me any more. It belongs to you. And if you wanted it, I'd wish for nothing in exchange - no gifts. No goods. No demonstrations of devotion. Nothing but knowing you loved me too. Just your heart, in exchange for mine.


TELEVISION

In Plain Sight
Marshall: This is where normal people say, “Good-bye.  I’ll call you.  Be careful.”
Mary: You owe me $9 for lunch last week, so don’t get shot and die
Marshall: I’ll do my best

How I Met Your Mother

Lilly: Ted, if you murder me and bury me in New Jersey, I’ll haunt you forever
Ted: What if I murder you and bury you somewhere else?
Lilly: Eh, I’ll leave you alone.  I’m sure you had your reasons

Community 
Senior Chang: Even I know you’re lame and I’m a tenured professor sitting in a beanbag chair.

Friday Night Lights
Tami: There's no weakness in forgiveness

Castle
Rick Castle: If you don't believe in even the possibility of magic, you'll never find it.

One Tree Hill
Julian: Happiness is a mood, not a destination

NCIS
Ducky: It wasn’t the sand, Mr. Palmer, but the sand-mite
Palmer: The sand might what?
Ducky: The sand-mite bit you
Palmer: Sand bites?
Ducky: Well, sand-mites might bite
Palmer: I’m grammatically lost

Blue Bloods
Frank: Nothing undermines our way of life more than the taking of it

Off the Map 
Mina: You must really wish that you were in the States about now
Lynn Mmm, you remember that feeling in high school, when your skin just doesn’t fit right?
Mina: Yeah, everyone feels that way.  It goes away
Lynn: Not for me.
Mina: (laughs) Me either.
Lynn: All through college, three jobs I sucked at, two marriages I really sucked at, nothing ever fit there.  
Mina: Just didn’t feel at home
Lynn: I came down here, alone, on my fortieth birthday cause I didn’t have anywhere else to go.  It was either this or move back in with my mother.  And it was like…walking through my own front door.  The people are incredible, you can walk for five minutes and find a spot no one has ever been before in the history of the planet, and, then there’s Julio. 
Mina: The missing piece of your puzzle
Lynn: Honey, he’s the whooole damn puzzle.  How long you here for?
Mina: Uuh, not too long, about a month or so.  I don’t know that I’ve…found it yet.  That place.
Lynn: Oh, you’ll know when you do.

White Collar 
Neil: I need a favor
Diana: Neil, what did I say last time you asked me for a favor?
Neil: I should think long and hard before trying to pull anything over on you
Diana: And?
Neil: And that if I ever did try, you’d break one, or both, of my arms
Diana: You know I hate to repeat myself

Deadwood
Ellsworth: Come to believe what I read, you’re heavily scheduled today
Seth Bullock: Yes
Ellsworth: As to your meetin’ with Hearst: if the chance comes up natural, stomp on the cock-suckers foot

Undeclared
Lloyd: What’s your favorite film?
Ron: Okay, uhm, I tell people it’s Red Dawn but in actuality, my favorite movie is You’ve Got Mail. (Lloyd laughs) No, no, you got Tom Hanks, you got Meg Ryan, you got a very likeable Greg Kinnear. You know, you think you’re, you’re better than it. ‘Ooh, this movie’s gonna suck,’ but then you watch it and it’s, it becomes a part of you, it’s in you. We should watch it together, Lloyd.
Lloyd: I don’t think I really want to do that
Ron: C’mon, Lloyd! We haven’t hung out yet, man, and, and I always thought, and I don’t know if you’ve thought it, but I always thought we should be the guys who are hanging out together. I thought we should be roommates here, ‘cause I think we’re cooler than those guys
Lloyd: Alright, I’m in, let’s rent it
Ron: Oh, you’ve made a wise choice, my friend

The West Wing
Sam: About a week ago I accidentally slept with a prostitute.
Toby: Really?
Sam: Yes.
Toby: You accidentally slept with a prostitute.
Sam: Call girl.
Toby: Accidentally.
Sam: Yes.
Toby: I don't understand, did you trip over something?

Sports Night
Casey: Did you know that I speak four languages?
Dan: You speak three languages.
Casey: I speak four languages.
Dan: You speak French, Spanish and German.
Casey: I dabble in a little English.

Friends
Monica: Phoebe, what’s wrong?
Phoebe: Nothing…I’m outta sorts
Chandler: Well, you can use some of my sorts, I rarely use them

Gilmore Girls
Rory: Obviously he’s met one of those Thursday afternoon girls
Lane: What’s a Thursday afternoon girl?
Rory: They’re those slutty girls that get guys to switch their Thursday afternoons with another checkout guy so they can go do slutty Thursday afternoon things

Grey's Anatomy
Chief Webber: Nothing we do can stop death.  We can hold it at bay now and then, but everyone dies, and that’s not on us.

Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Principal Snyder: There are some things I can just smell. It’s like a sixth sense
Giles: No, actually, that would be one of the five

Angel
Wesley: There is a line, Lilah. Black and white. Good and evil.
Lilah: Funny thing about black and white. You mix it together, and you get gray. And it doesn’t matter how much white you try and put back in…you’re never gonna get anything but gray.

Sons of Anarchy
Piney: Glad you could join me
Half-Sac: Hey, I was just you know..comin down and…seein what you were doin, and stuff
Piney: (laughs) You need to, uh, brush up on your stealth skills. You did everything but wave at me when you were following
Half-Sac: I did wave at you actually. I was getting a little lost comin’ off the 580 there. I was hopin’ you would slow down

Veronica Mars
Veronica: Can you do me a weird favor without asking any questions?
Wallace: Isn’t that the bedrock upon which our friendship was founded?

The Vampire Diaries
Elena: Maybe that’s our mistake. We’re trying to protect the people that we love by keeping them out of it but, in the end, we’re hurting them anyway.


REAL PEOPLE

"I always think that the real point of celebredom, of being known, is that you can use your life in a way to help other people." --Oprah Winfrey

"If you enter this world knowing you are loved and you leave this world knowing the same, then everything in between can be dealt with." --Michael Jackson


What are some of your favorite quotes? Please share them with me below!
xoxo
c
---------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment