Thursday, June 30, 2011

"It's like, no matter how bad things get, there's something good out there, just over the horizon."

My plan for Tuesday was to go see Conan O'Brien Can't Stop downtown. However, after driving all the way into Philly, I got to the theater and they had no power. Awesome. So instead, I saw Green Lantern at a theater closer to home.

I walked out of the theater feeling that it was not that bad, but the more I think about it, the less I like it.

I thought that the storyline was interesting, but was not really anything spectacular. Ryan Reynolds is always entertaining...and nice too look at...but even his humor could not save this from being mediocre.

I found the special effects to be pretty bad and often looked cartoonish. I also thought that Blake Lively and Reynolds did not have very good chemistry together. I just really did not believe that their charachters cared about each other at all. In general, there was just something about Lively's performance that irked me. I thought she was amazing in The Town, but maybe she just does not have the comedic chops to act alongside Ryan Reynolds. He has this snarky humor that he brings to most characters and she just seemed awkward playing opposite him.

Also, there is NO WAY that Tim Robbins is old enough to play Peter Sarsgaard's father! He would have been 13 years old at the time of his child's birth! I love Tim Robbins, but they seriously could not have found an older actor to play Senator Hammond?! For some reason, this bothered me more than anything else in the movie :o)



This is probably my least favorite movie that I have seen this summmer. Unless you are completely obsessed with the Green Lantern comics, I would suggest you skip seeing this in theaters.

If you do go to see this movie, at least make sure you stay until after the first few credits in order to see the final scene with Sinestro. Although, this scene unfortunately means there will probably be a sequel. Sometimes I just wish studios would spend more time trying to make good movies and less time trying to make money. But alas, that is not really the point of the entertainment industry, is it?

As always, if you have seen any movies that you think I am over-looking or if you disagree with my review, please leave me a comment below or email me at ayetortuga@gmail.com!

xoxo
c
------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment