Monday, June 27, 2011

"I have a speech class who thinks the Renaissance is a fair they go to every July."

Normally, Mondays are reserved for movie reviews. However, this weekend I did not get a chance to see anything new. Also, Transformers is coming out tomorrow instead of Friday. Therefore, I am switching things around a little bit this week and doing my Weekend Movie Preview a few days early.

Also, if you have yet to comment on any of my previous posts because you do not want to open a Google account in order to do so, you can now send me an email instead! Send me your thoughts, questions and requests to ayetortuga@gmail.com.

Now, back to business.....

Aside from Transformers: Dark of the Moon, the other big movies coming out this week are Larry Crowne and Monte Carlo.

Dark of the Moon is the next installment in the Transformers trilogy and again stars Shia LaBeouf, Josh Duhamel, Tyrese Gibson, John Turturro, Kevin Dunn and Julie White. They are also being joined by Patrick Dempsey, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, Frances McDormand, John Malkovich, Ken Jeong and Alan Tudyk. In this movie, an event that happened during the U.S.A. - U.S.S.R. space race of the 1960's comes back to haunt us in the present day. Optimus Prime and his fellow Transformers must, once again, help save the Earth from total destruction.



Larry Crowne is about a man who is fired from his job at the box retailer because he does not have a college degree. He decides to take classes at the local community college where he makes new friends and finds a love connection with one of his professors. It was written by Tom Hanks and Nia Vardolos and stars Hanks alongside Julia Roberts, Cedric the Entertainer, Wilmer Valderamma, Taraji P. Hensen and many others.



Monte Carlo stars Selena Gomez, Leighton Meester, Katie Cassidy and Cory Monteith. It is the story of three girls who go on vacation in Paris. Gomez's charachter is mistaken for British royalty and decides to take full advantage of that mistake. Until, of course, she falls in love and presumably (now, I am going out on a limb here) has to tell her new beau her true identity and is worried he will not still love her back. :o)



It is too early in the week for reviews to be out, so I am not sure whether or not any of these movies are supposed to be any good. If I were to make my best guess, I would say that if you liked the first two Tranformers movies then you will probably like this one. If you like Tom Hanks and or Julia Roberts you will probably like Larry Crowne. And, although I love Leighton Meester, if you are NOT a teenage girl, I would suggest skipping Monte Carlo. However, if you want professional opinions, then check in with Rotten Tomatoes later in the week. I will say that for me, Transformers and Larry Crowne are on the maybe list and Monte Carlo will probably not get seen, at least not in theaters.

Other films in limited release this weekend are Terri and The Perfect Host.

I hope everyone is having a Happy Monday!
xoxo
c
-------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment