Tuesday, June 14, 2011

"I'm in a very perplexing situation"

Midnight in Paris was fantastic. I did not know what to expect going into it, but I really enjoyed it a lot. Owen Wilson and Rachel McAdams play an engaged couple, named Gil and Inez, who are traveling in Paris while her father is there for business. Gil is a screenwriter who is trying to write a novel and finds inspiration when he walks the streets of Paris at night.

It was written and directed by Woody Allen and the storyline is creative and interesting and funny. I usually do not really like Woody Allen films, but I found this different than anything else in theaters right now. Of course, you do have to know the names of 1920's historical figures to get most of the jokes :o)
 

There is not much I can say about the movie without giving everything away. The best part is Owen Wilson's reactions to what he encounters each night in Paris. I will say, though, that he eventually comes to appreciate the world in which he lives and learns not to take anything for granted.

If you get a chance to see this film, I highly recommend it. It is extremely charming and sure to have you smiling and feeling good by the end.

xoxo
c
-------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment